Sunday, February 13, 2011


WOW! God really guided my youth Sabbath School yesterday. The topic was prayer. I really felt compelled to take some smooth rocks with me. Three times I thought I wouldn't need them, yet something encouraged me to bring theme...and some candles. After a good discussion, I lit the candles that were sitting on a table in the center of the circle. Then I thought I should hand each of them a rock. And I said that this represented something heavy in their life...a burden, something that was holding them back. After silent prayer and gazing in the candlelight; I encouraged them to lay the stone on the table signifying the giving of it to Jesus. And leaving it there. Most all of them got up and laid down their rock. It was a special moment. And God told me what to do at just the right moment.

2 comments:

  1. THank you for sharing this special moment. I need to get better at listening to GOd. He has such great things to tell me if I would just stop and listen. The other day I just sat a did nothing for 10 min. Not that long but it was for me, because it was complete silence with nothing. I can do it better out in nature. I miss our spiritual conversations. You are such an amazing woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited that you sat for 10 min in silence. It is soooo hard to keep your mind focused on God in that silence. So hard. But I have found that the more I do it, the easier it gets...
    I miss talking to you too. We WILL talk soon!

    ReplyDelete